Be super to check out my list featured on Rupert Pumpkin Speaks: FAVORITE UNDERRATED HORROR - CAHCAT:
Now here's 5 MORE UNDERRATED MOVIES Not FAKE SHEMP related (see MY MOVIE LIST for the Fake Shemp definition). Know that I like these a whole lot too and I'd say they're all deserving of more attention, YUP:
1. STRANGE BEHAVIOR (1981) - My favorite film discovery of 2012 at the New Beverly Horrorthon. Also known as DEAD KIDS, this movie became an instant favorite of mine thanks to one magical party scene, with a dance number to the song LIGHTNIN’ STRIKES. (WATCH IT HERE!!) Dan Shor, Billy The Kid of Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, is a high school senior not ready to leave his small town. A doctor at the local college is experimenting on the high school kids and turning them into killers. There’s a big mystery going on, and luckily Dan gets some help from another favorite of mine; Dey Young, Kate Rambo of ROCK ‘N ROLL HIGH SCHOOL!
2. UNDEAD (2003) - The Australian film from the Spierg Brother, Peter and Michael. A quaint little town is hit with meteors that turn the residents into Zombies. Felicity Mason is René, the recent winner of the of the town’s beauty contest is stuck in the middle contending with zombies, and her fellow townfolk. Marion, the local town alien believer has all the guns, and possibly the only plan to stay alive. This was a true indie feature with the brothers doing all the effects on their old mac back in the day. It’s a horror comedy at it’s finest and René is a fine addition to the tough movie women who can survive when shit hits the fan.
3. EVOLVER (1995) - I watched this movie on Netflix because it had Ethan Embry and I was quite surprised at how much fun it was. Ethan is Kyle, he’s a pro Virtural Reality gamer and wins a robot of his own, the robot from the game. Now Kyle can play his game in real life, but the things is, the Evolver robot, who changes form after every level, doesn’t like to lose. People die the longer the game goes on. “He makes reality a virtual nightmare.”
4. GINGER SNAPS (2000) - Two sisters, Brigitte and Ginger, are obsessed with death. They revel in their outcast state together, thick as thieves. That is until the day that Ginger gets bit by a werewolf. Ginger then has a sexual awakening and an appetite for blood. Brigitte is doing all she can to save her sister and end the lycanthrope curse. This movie is one of my favorites as it’s about girls, from a girls perspective. It’s smart with the a real sister relationship and two girls coming of age. And there’s plenty of werewolf and gore action.
5. TEETH (2007) - I heard the director call this movie a superhero origin story and I think it’s a good description. It all starts with Dawn, played by Jess Weixler who has a vagina dentata, teeth in her vagina, which is more than a little frightening. (When I saw this movie in theaters a couple walked out and I’m sure it was the guy who made his girl leave.) Dawn, starts out as the wholesome girl, believing in abstinence but soons discovers teens have strong hormones to contend with and it’s not easy. Dawn is pushed into discovering her toothy power as she realizes some boys have bad motives. Ultimately Dawn uses her new powers to never be victimized again. Boys should be a lot nicer to girls, chomp chomp.